The following numbers, believe it or not, are final statistics from an actual NBA box score…
1) 58 points on 29 percent shooting.
2) 24 for 82 from the floor, 2 for 14 from three-point land
3) Starters combined to score just 30 points on 12-of-42 shooting
4) 5 points in the 2nd quarter. 5. This is not a typo.
5) I repeat, 58 points on 29 percent shooting.
Still don’t believe me? Here’s proof.
Here in the Dumpster, we know garbage. And this, my friends, is not the kind of garbage we like in the Dumpster. Tonight, the Atlanta Hawks put together quite possibly the worst offensive performance in NBA history. I mean, how can you finish a game with only one double-digit scorer? And it’s not even any of your starters, it’s Mike Scott? Mike Scott?!?!?! I didn’t think it was feasible to play that poorly, but hey, the Hawks apparently like to strive for new lows.
They’ve lost seven of their last nine games, and judging by tonight’s display, it doesn’t look like things will be getting any better for these guys. Just wanted to take a moment to recognize some of the trashiest trash we here at the Dumpster have ever. Cheers to the Atlanta Hawks!